Monday, June 4, 2007

Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.

Well, I fell off the wagon. I cast on, and knit, a pair of garter fingerless mitts from Weekend Knitting. It took one day. I made them for Tate out of one ball of Debbie Bliss Cashemerino Aran in a bittersweet color. I made modifications to the pattern. (I thought the mitts would be HUGE if I followed the pattern.) I was left with about 8 yards of yarn. This was a fun knit. A great last minute project, provided you have enough yarn. I would estimate that it takes just a little over a ball for hands that are normal sized.

My Tate has wee hands. Wee hands that are mighty artist's hands.

He who works with his hands is a Laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hand, his head, and his heart, is an artist.

--St. Francis of Assisi

No comments: