Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 2nd Anniversary.
We are going to Bluestem. We're going to do the seven course meal. I hope it's fantastic.
I started a vertical stripe crochet blanket. The directions are here. I especially like Brainylady's version.

I learned to crochet before I learned to knit from my mother. I was probably about 11 or 12. I remember my mother making tons of crochet things. Her hands moving swiftly while we were on one of those awful driving vacations or late at night when she was watching Johnny Carson. I was not allowed to stay up that late, but I remember hiding on the stairs and listening to it.

When I started the blanket, I felt as if i had two left hands. Nothing was going right. I could not remember how to do it. I certainly didn't remember it as being a hard thing to do. But, my hands were all tense, shaking and sweating. And each stitch took several minutes. Finally, I looked up some video tutorials on it and now it's going much better.

I'm going to use leftover balls of yarn. Here are some of the colors.

If it turns out crappy the dog can sleep on it.

No comments: