Saturday, November 3, 2007

Shoes



She was a much older woman. You can always tell by the shoes.
Danny O'Keefe

I'm always in search of a pair of shoes that I can wear with my handmade socks and wear to work. I think I may have found them.My in-laws came for a visit today. Consequently, I cleaned for a bit last night and before they came. I think I might have actually been ready this time. My MIL loves to shop and is very lavish in her gift giving. After bringing us a huge truckload of fire wood, we took of to buy shoes. MIL has diabetic feet and has to be very careful about the shoes she gets. She's already lost one toe to neuropathy. So, after unloading the wood, off we went to a swanky shoe store. I really didn't want to get anything. Lord knows, my MIL has gotten me enough cool pairs of shoes. But, they wouldn't take no for an answer, so here's what I got.




Man, these are great. I think these may be the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn! I'm always blown away when I see the young gals wearing the pointy-toed heels at work. That ship has sailed for me. Probably in the form of platform shoes.

After shoe shopping, we were off to Costco. The pace my in-laws keep is amazing. Here they are in their mid-60's and they wear me out. They bought us a ton of groceries. I've filled the freezer with meat and veggies, got canned items, and toiletries. After they left, we went out for lunch and fell asleep. Tonight, Sam is studying a new operating system, so I high-tailed it to Whole Foods and got some Cioppino for my dinner. I'll be spending the evening knitting, doing laundry and puttering around Ravelry.

No comments: