Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fearless Knitting

Okay, so I've been knitting for a while now. But I'm still intimidated by techniques or patterns. This year, I'd like to try some new techniques and tackle at least one pattern that scares me.
Here are just some of the patterns or techniques that intimidate me:
  • Charlotte's Web Shawl. I bought a custom blend of yarn for this. The shawl is stunning. I'm totally intimidated by lace and chart reading.
  • The Rogue Sweater. Look at those bad cables. There is even a Wiki page for this sweater.
  • Clapotis. I have the yarn to make two of these. I started it once and I couldn't get the pattern. Maybe I'm a tard.
  • The Brioche Stitch.

I spoke with a LYS owner about Charlotte's Web and she said chart reading was a breeze and she would help me. For free. She had the same "Oh it's no big deal" manner that I have when I'm showing one of my friends a new technique. It still happens to me, too. Something looks too complicated and I don't have the confidence to try it.

So, maybe that's another thing I will tackle this year. One of my knitting fears. Cables, chart reading, or the Brioche Stitch.

I'm off to make a couple of trays of chicken enchiladas. One for me and one for my daughter. Her BF got roughed up leaving a bar this weekend. I thought it would be nice that they wouldn't have to mess with dinner.

No comments: