Sunday, March 2, 2008

Super Saturday

Yesterday was just gorgeous. It's hard to believe that snow/rain/thunder is expected tonight.
I spent the majority of yesterday cleaning and running errands. I went to Lowe's and got the paint for the family room. I also found the laminate flooring I like. It's not as cheap as the stuff at Costco, but I like it. It doesn't make sense to get something you don't like just because it's cheap.
It looks like slate flooring. And the wall color looks like a chocolate milkshake. I'll paint the trim first (white) and then the walls. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the pets out of the way while I paint.

We went to the Asian market downtown to get the stuff for Thai Style Chicken Soup, which we made for dinner last night. I still can't get over how cheap that place is. And they have wonderful herbs for a fraction of the cost at most grocery stores. I hope they have garlic scapes when the warm weather arrives. Maybe I'll get some with my CSA produce this spring. I'm dying to try them. I volunteered to be a recipe tester for Cook's Illustrated magazine a while back. I thought that would be something fun that Sam and I could do together. We will be making Stuffed Portobellos with Pork and Fennel today.

I got my February shipment of Spunky Eclectic sock yarn in the mail yesterday. I'm so glad that I signed up for the sock club. It's so nice to get a little package in the mail each month.


I really wanted to cast on for something new last night. But I'm going to stick with my Focus on Finishing, so I can get the WIPs done before my sabbatical begins. I've been working on Lady Eleanor. I've got 12 of the 17 tiers done.

Tonight, we go to dinner at Jack Stack Barbecue to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It will be nice to have the entire clan together.

No comments: