Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I guess I'll try again.

I left immediately after work to the post office to have them process my passport. I'd forgotten how gross standing in line at the post office is. I mail my stuff from the UPS store or the post office's kiosk. I kept thinking about how postal workers go mental while I stood in line for about 25 minutes when there were only 4 people in front of me. So, when I finally got to the counter, they told me that the only process passports until 3 p.m. Sombeetch. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Tonight, we are making our take on a BLT salad for dinner. Romaine, cherry tomatoes, bacon, homemade croutons, avocado, and thinly sliced red onion with a buttermilk dressing I make. I've gotten to the point where I won't purchase salad dressing anymore. It's just so much better made up fresh, and the possibilities are endless. Our latest splurge was DaVero Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's superb on salad greens with lemon juice, sea salt and fresh black pepper. Simple and elegant.
I plan on spending the majority of my night sock knitting.
I am required to drive into the office for a stultifying meeting tomorrow. UGH.

No comments: