Sunday, March 9, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

It's just been a really busy weekend.
I took a half day off on Friday and had lunch with an old friend at Guadalajara Cafe. Then, it was off to the post office to apply for my passport. My dad called late in the afternoon and wanted to have coffee, so I met him at Starbuck's to listen to him complain about his health and the stock market.
I made beef stroganoff ala Nigella for dinner Friday night and cleaned like a banshee because Sam's folks were coming for a visit on Saturday.
I treated myself to breakfast at Room 39 Saturday morning and stopped by The Studio on the way home and bought 2 skeins of malabrigo. Then, it was off to Costco with the in-laws, where they bought us a 42" HD TV and groceries. Later, we had to go to Time Warner to switch out the cable box for HD TV, so we went to Korma Sutra for lunch. I sure have had a fun time going out to eat all weekend long!
I woke up at 3 (daylight saving time) this morning and could not get back to sleep. I think I'll flick on a light and get some knitting done.
Tuesday marks the one month anniversary of being without a working dishwarsher.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Busy busy. Sounds like it's a fun busy though. Before I moved into the house I'm in now, I never ever had a dishwasher. I grew up without one and lived my entire adult life without one. I was resistant to using the dishwasher in my current house, but now I use it. I still like washing dishes by hand though.