Thursday, June 26, 2008

CSA Booty, FO, and one down




The first tomatoes of the season! And a bag of FRESH green beans. We had catfish last night using Barbara's recipe last night along with the green beans. I'm a convert now too. This is a terrific and easy recipe.


Today, I made a vegetarian cabbage Borscht soup using the cabbage from this week and the beets from the previous weeks. Tonight, I will make the very first BLT's of the season. It's hard to beat BLT's with vine-ripened tomatoes.


The Peacock Cowl is done.


Cowls are a terrific short project. Perfect for gift giving. I highly recommend them. They are also good because nothing is hanging down. Nothing gets in the way when you are picking up dog poop or riding your motorcycle.

I've completed the first British Columbia sock and I'm about 5 1.2 inches on the cuff of #2. Thanks to the craptastic picture, my foot looks like a tree stump, oui?



Please cast your vote for the next sock or I might be forced to draw numbers!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You crack me up. I love cowls for the very same reasons (especially the non-dangle in dog poo). Peacock cowl is lovely. Hooray for tomatoes!