Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finished!

Here is the Baby Surprise Jacket.



What I learned: Be sure to slip the first stitch when making this for cleaner selvages.

Yesterday was the first day of Summer of Socks '08, which I am participating in on Ravelry. I cast on for a pair of socks using the sock yarn I bought on vacation. By last night, I was making the heel flap. Consequently, my fingers were a bit sore. So, today, I've taken a break from actual knitting and finished up the jacket and plied the multicolored roving. The yarn is drying. I plied it with a purple-ish sewing thread.

We also made garlic scape pesto.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nice BSJ! Holy crap you are fast with the sock knitting. did you know there is a Cafe Press store for SOS? I am just tickled by the whole idea. Me wanty a t-shirt!!