Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Today is Dustin's 26th birthday.

Happy, Happy Birthday. You have given me so much joy, humor, love, and appreciation for beauty. I love you dearly.

Tate is hosting a party for Dustin tonight at her loft. Dustin wants everyone to wear togas, paint their skin gold and wear fruit on their heads. Be careful tonight, kids. No driving.


I've hit a few bumps in the road over the last few days, which has left me distracted. I couldn't sit still to knit, but I've managed to clean the house and get laundry done. I've even tidied my office. It's been sunny most of the day. Good thing, I was getting sick of the rain.

Here is the progress of the Kureyon striped scarf.





I love the colors in this one. I think Dustin would actually like this one more than the Silk Garden. I'll let him choose. The only thing is that the Kureyon is scratchy.

Tonight, we are having stuffed peppers for dinner. I make them with barley, ground buffalo, pine nuts, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, parsley and chopped green olives. All served with a spicy tomato sauce. Sam's going to try smoking them. Should be yummy.

The part for the RO water filter arrived. Sam has installed it and it is running. I'm glad I won't have to haul those gallon jugs around anymore. I brought a gallon in last night and unbeknownst to me it has a small hole in it. So, it leaked water all night on the countertop, soaking my mail and dripping all over the floor. Bummer.

No comments: