Friday, August 17, 2007

Machine Gun Nell



Here is the reason I haven't posted in a while. Introducing Machine Gun Nell, the Basset pup. The Beagle isn't too happy about it. I hope this blows over, as I was hoping that they would be playmates.
Other than taking care of Nell, I have been working on the beading of Nikko. I wish I could say that I have been enjoying the time beading. I went back to the bead store and got a bead needle threader and a magnifying contraption. It's still slow going. I remember when it was no big deal threading needles when I made jillions of smocked dresses for the girls. But, that was over 15 years ago. Maybe I'll figure out why this is a favorite past time for some folks.
I also bought an Addi Turbo needle to use for the KP&S Cardigan. The Denise needles are hugging the yarn too much, and I have to spend a lot of time rearranging the yarn, which takes its toll on my wrists. Since I spend most of my day typing, I have to do what I can to preserve my wrists. I have over 7 inches done so far.
Today, I made the barm for my sourdough bread. I should be able to bake it tomorrow. I'm also soaking the grains for another load of the multi grain bread. For some reason, the last loaf went fast.
Caitlin comes home on August 23. I've taken a big block of time off (over a week). I'll get the house nice and clean before she comes. And then I'll have time to spend with her and her partner, Danny. I think the last time I took a week off was in December of 2006. And lots of time to have fibery fun.
The Bonkers yarn is wound, beckoning me to cast on for the Cobblestone Pullover. As you can see, there are two dye lots. There is tons more of this yarn. It just wouldn't fit in the picture.


And yet, I do want to cast on for the Eleanor Wrap. This is the Soy Wool Stripes yarn.

What's a girl to do?

No comments: