Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tate!

Today is Tate's 20th Birthday. Here is a pic taken her junior year of High School. So, that's about 4 years ago. She's got on a shrug and a purse that I made for her.

Happy birthday, Tate. You are so creative and funny.

I bought the special issue of Interweave Knits Felt yesterday on a whim. I had my felting Hay Day several years ago. Noro felted purses. The wonderful felted slippers from Knitty. (I still make those every year for me and Sam.) Felted hats & purses galore. It's fun to felt. But, I figured I was pretty much over it. I was pleased to find that there are plenty of projects I would like to make from this issue. The silk chiffon rippled scarf is beautiful. The felted buttons and beads look like such fun. And the Unspun Roving Mittens are a must.

I looked in one of my stash closets and discovered that I have FOUR cones of the linen blend yarn I'm using for Nikko. (Background scream.) What the hell was I thinking? I'll have to make a gigantic shawl or something.

We had excellent spatchcocked grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes for dinner last night. A lovely summer dinner.

No comments: