Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oops. I did it again.

I worked on the Hyde Park pullover yesterday while working. I have about 8 inches left of the last sleeve and then picking up the collar.
Here are some reasons NOT to send your sweaters to the UFO basket:
1) it's hard to remember where you are in the pattern.
2) your knitting is not the same tension as it was when you started it.
3) you feel silly that you didn't just get it finished in the first place.
4) it's wasteful to have a lot of half finished projects.

However, after knitting on the Hyde Park pullover yesterday, I cast on for Nereides using this yarn.

It's a linen blend yard that I bought several years ago from Webs when they had an anniversary sale. I originally started Nereides using Recycled Sari Silk. But the yarn was too thick and since it's overspun it doesn't lend itself to the lacy effects. Then, I remembered that I had this thick and thin yard in my stash. Instead of Nereides, I will call it "Nikko" as the color of the yarn is much like Nikko Blue Hydrangeas. My rationalisation is that I will enter it in the Art contest my employer has about the same time as the Plaza Art Fair. The wrap has beads and lots of embellishment.

Today, I baked this rye bread.

It's made from a sour that ferments for several days. I made the sour last weekend and kept it in the refrigerator until I had time to make it this weekend. Next time, I will make it in loaf pans. I also made a batch of Kombucha. I used PG Tea and organic cane sugar.

We also went to see the new Harry Potter movie, which I enjoyed very much.

No comments: