Saturday, July 21, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

I finished the Hyde Park Pullover last night. Pictures later. It's drying on the spare bed right now. I liked this pattern a lot. I highly recommend it. It isn't a sweater to be worn indoors, but rather an alternative to wearing a coat. I think this may be the direction I go. Sweaters instead of coats.
Today I attempted to make a couple of loaves of whole wheat bread. Total flop. I just threw the (not so risen) unbaked loaves in the trash. I got my book from Amazon today, so maybe I can figure out what I did wrong.
I worked on Nikko today. I have about 2 feet knitted.
I also spent some time cleaning today. And I forced myself to deal with the basket of UFOs. It's a tangled mass of crap. After untangling and sorting, I realized that I don't have a whole bunch to do to get caught up.
1) The Ribby Cardi. I'm thinking that it would be nice if I could get this done for Caitlin when she comes back. All that's left is one sleeve, picking up the collar and finishing.
2) EZ's Surplice Baby Jacket.
3) The brown twirly scarf from Scarf Style. Bind it off and forget about it already.
4) a pair of cabled slipper socks for me.
I also identified a few things that need to go to the frog pond. Along with the Kimono Jacket, I have made all the pieces of a v-neck pull over with this kick-ass hand dyed yarn from Bonkers. But, it just looks weird. I think it's a waste of this fabulous yarn. It should be used for a different project. So, I will rip it out.
I also started a sweater vest for my dad a long time ago with a Dale of Norway washable wool. He looks good in blue. It just seemed giant. And he's lost quite a bit of weight, so this needs to be ripped out and redone.
My cousin, Bruce, called me today. He will be coming to town this Wednesday. I can't wait. He was always my favorite family member. We had so much fun growing up. Bruce is a vegetarian. I can't wait to make a lovely meal for him and to have a long talk with him.

No comments: