Monday, October 1, 2007

I've got a little more of my OWN time

The Fuzzy Feet are complete. These slippers are for Danny. And I'm done with the second of the socks on two circs, with the exception of Kitchenering the tip. I prolly should make Caitlin a pair before I mail then out.

I'll be moving the Nikko Wrap to the Stall Wall. It just needs more beads added. And beading is such a pain in the ass. I'm wondering if I'm just too dumb to have figured out the easy way.

On Saturday, I listened to some of the Pod casts on Knit picks. I was surprised to find out that the owner has about 7 projects on the needles at all times. Maybe it's because she wants to encourage us all to buy more stuff from her web site. Or maybe she's just not as strict with herself. After hearing that, however, I certainly wanted to cast on for more projects.

But, I resisted.

I'm kind of holding off to see what happens when I finally get on Ravelry. I'm under less than 1K now. I'm excited. I wonder how many projects other knitters have on their needles. And what everyone else is making. Maybe I can get some help with the dang Baby Surprise Surplice Wrap too. I'm also waiting to see if I get any of the Kaffe Fassett Sock Yarn soon. If I do, that will be my next sock project. On one long circular.

I decided that I have to pair down my weeknight cooking. While I was working overtime, we had carry-out more than I'd like to. It left us both feeling yucky. And while I'm glad that I'll have some more time, I want to keep our weeknight meals simple. I think I'm going to do more cooking on Sundays, so that the weeknights can go smoothly.

I made some chicken stock on Saturday. I love making stock. I'll hope to be making matzo ball soup this week. Or I can it freeze the stock for later. Tate mentioned that they brown their bones where she works. So, that will be next. She also mentioned a technique where you drop cold water on the roasted bones to cause them to open. That way, when you boil them you get the most bang for your buck.

So, I'm going to start working on the Knitting Pure & Simple Cardigan again. I remember saying that it would fly off the needles. I guess that is only if you don't have Knitter's ADD.

Tonight I made Sopa Seca. I used up the rest of the roast turkey I had instead of smoked turkey. I also used Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes and added some chorizo I had on hand.

No comments: