Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sicko

This cold I've caught has kicked me straight in the ass. Sam took the last of the cold medicine leaving me with one dose yesterday. And as the day progressed, I became more and more miserable. He brought some more home with him when he came back from work, but they took a long time to start working again.
I didn't have the energy to make dinner, so Sam made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Always a hit in my book. And he uses sourdough bread and white sharp cheddar, so they are very tasty indeed.
I found myself dozing off before ten last night, so I packed it up and went to bed. But, every time the cold medicine would wear off, I'd be up to take more.
I've got a ton of cleaning to do today. Rainy weather and Basset puppies do not mix well. I figured that I can clean and slip in a few rows here and there. However, I just took my first dose of cold medicine and I've taken the P.M. blend by mistake, thanks to my 48 year old eyes. Crappers. I'll probably be dragging soon.
I had to frog the Koolhaas hat again (#2!) as I messed up the ribbing. Now I am even more determined to figure this one out.
I won't be able to attend Sunday Dinner at my parents' house this weekend. Their health is too fragile to be around anyone who is sick. They still haven't determined what the cause is for my mother's loss of blood. Though this hospital visit has taken it's toll on her over-all health, she sounds okay on the phone. And she's still experiencing pain in her stomach region.
Maybe I'll make some chicken soup with Matzo balls for dinner tonight.

No comments: