Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day.

It has been one gray February. Today was a gray and windy Monday. It’s so yucky and muddy outside.

Alas! The Mailman came and brought me this:
My prize from Kim. Thank you, Kim! Note the Ocean Grove postcard. (That is where we had our most wonderful family reunion many years ago.) I will most likely make a hat from this. I’d like to pass on the good karma, so I will have a drawing from the names for a gift from anyone who posts a comment. (YES, I am encouraging comments. Come out, come out where ever you are.)

I’m going to try very hard to finish up all the projects I’ve started prior to my sabbatical. I’d just like to have a clean slate when I am on sabbatical. So, I’m going to try like hell not to cast on for anything new. Let’s see how long that lasts. It’ll be hard as I should be getting my Spunky Eclectic sock yarn any day now.

Over the weekend, I ordered a new circular knitting needle (size 0) for the Noro sock yarn. It’s mighty thin. The KnitPicks needles are the way to go. I also ordered some new make up. I haven’t bought any new makeup for a LONG time. I hope this turns out okay.

I’m making Cilantro Chicken for dinner.

What will the gift be? Oh, something knitting related. Either a skein of yarn or an Elizabeth Zimmermann book. And some little trinkets to brighten your day. Like mine was today from Kim.

6 comments:

supertee said...

I love your blog. I hope I win!

Ratch said...

The cilantro chicken recipe looks great. I'll have to try it. This is your new ravelry friend from PV!! Now I have to see what you have on the new noro sock yarn. I'll have to have some too!!!

KC said...

love, love the pic of your dog in the hat. My walker coonhound I adopted looks similar. Have a wonderful week.

Kim said...

Yeah! The package arrived! The prize yarn would make a fab Frivol hat. Cilantro chicken sounds so yummy. I loves me some cilantro.

Barbara Fisher said...

I hope you like the cilantro chicken recipe--let me know how it turns out for you. I always like to get feedback from my readers!

And can I say--knitters amaze me. I do patchwork quilting, and I can crochet, but knitting eludes me.

Blessings!

Sue said...

Barbara! Wow!
It turned out wonderful. We wanted to add mushrooms, but we don't know how to stir-fry those yet. We are going to try to use one of your Asian recipes each week. We have great results with your recipes!