Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lazy Sunday

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous this weekend. Yesterday, Sam planted the rest of the tomato and pepper plants. The tomatoes I planted three weekends ago are coming along nicely. But, the basil seed must have been washed away when it rained. So, basil will need to be planted again.

We have three Earth Boxes http://www.earthbox.com/ on the patio. We have space for three more plants, so we'll make a trip to a nearby nursery for three interesting pepper plants.

I have been working on a Noro Silk Garden striped scarf

(inspired by b r o o k l y n t w e e d).


I was shocked to find that my LYS had just a few skeins of yarn to choose from. They also had only a few skeins of Kureyon. They indicated that the yarn was too hard to stock. This is a bummer for me, since I want to make Lizard Ridge from Knitty. I have several skeins of Kureyon in my stash and had started on some of the squares.

I intentionally chose more subdued colors for my Silk Garden scarf, as it will probably end up being a gift. And while I'm not afraid of colors, some of my recipients may be. It matches Boy quite well, don't you think?


Last night we grilled a tri-tip. We also had baked potatoes and a salad made from organic baby romaine and arugula, which I purchased at our local farmer's market. The big treat was the two soft-shell crabs that will only be available for Kansans for a short time. I sauteed them in garlic butter with a squeeze of fresh lemon.