Saturday, May 26, 2007


Last night, we had dinner with my cousin, Jay, and his wife Leslie at Room 39, where Tate works. Leslie and I were in the same new-hire training class in 1995, and we became fast friends. Leslie, my husband, and I all took a trip to New Orleans so I could introduce her to Jay. It was a magical trip because they have been married now for over 10 years. Put that on the list of Good Things I Have Done.


The dinner was fabulous. Every single thing we orderd was fantastic. I had the soft-shell crabs. We all shared a bunch of amazing appetizers. Jay and I slip a bottle of wine while Sam and Leslie had scotch on the rocks. Next was after dinner drinks and desert. In additon to the food being outstanding, the company was even better. I was happy to find out that they will be living part-time in Kansas City. I'm looking forward to spending time with Leslie when she comes back. I remember I sat on the edge of my bed and cried the day she moved to New Orleans.


Today, I worked on the Noro Silk Garden scarf while cleaning the house and doing laundry. I'm going to give it to Dustin for his 26th birthday, which is June 2nd. Dustin has been hinting that I haven't given him a hand-made gift in over five years. However, Dustin has a tendency to lose things, and it breaks my heart when he looses the things I have made him. It was an overcast day here. Rain showers would come and go.


I made tuna salad for our lunch today. Tonight, we are having Quick-Braised Spicy Caramel Pork. Courtesy of Barbara Fisher at Tigers & Strawberries. I am a total fan of hers.

No comments: