Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dinner for 12

Tonight, I am hosting dinner for the entire clan. It will be for 12 people, if John shows up. I'm not sure if 12 people can fit at my table! I'm making Pasta with Vodka Sauce, Pasta with Pesto, sliced tomatoes with basil, lemon juice and olive oil, and a bean salad made with green beans, yellow wax beans, edamame, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake for desert. My mom is bringing her red cabbage slaw too. So, I'll be spending some time today in the kitchen and at the grocery store.
Yesterday, Caitlin shared some of the protein smoothie she and Danny have each morning with me. It is made with Greens+, brown rice protein powder, ground flax seed, a bit of fruit, a splash of water, and a couple handfuls of greens. It was yummy. I'm going to get the powders to make my own.
I'm hoping to finish the Fuzzy Feet slippers I started for Danny. It will be fun to see her reaction when they are felted and molded to fit her feet exactly. They are bright orange.
I fell asleep on the couch again last night. And here I am up before the puppy.
Well, I'm off to start on the pesto.

No comments: